Thursday 3 December 2015

Web Comics I Sometimes Read.

oglaf - http://oglaf.com/ (NSFW)
I’ve been following this comic for a while and is one I actually like coming back to. It often contains some really intelligent jokes despite the fact those jokes so often revolve around sex. Not to say that is surprising, I’m only saying that it seems like a cheap and easy trick to put lots of sex in a comic and let that mask bad quality gags and strips. But honestly so many of the comics are so wonderfully weird and clever (even the ones without any sex in…) that it’s just a fun, enjoyable comic.

Penny Arcade - http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic
Penny Arcade is another one I’ve been following for a long time. I’m not particularly clued in with everything these days and don’t get any time to play games so a lot of the jokes go over my head. None the less, the ones I do get I always really enjoy. I definitely found myself drawn to it more when I was more invested in popular culture but none the less, fun. The drawing style is iconic and I see it popping up here and there and can always recognize it.

Necropolis - http://necropoliscomic.tumblr.com/post/118905492171/prologue
This is a new webcomic that is currently being written that I’ve been following for a month or two. It’s never far in but I think it promises to be a really interesting and exciting comic about a young girl who sells herself for powers. I can’t wait to see where this one goes. I love the art style and the different styles between the chapter prologue and the main strip. I’d recommend this one, David!

Cyanide and Happiness - http://explosm.net/
I haven’t read this one in a long time but used to love these. Often dark humor they are so consistently short funny gags that I really enjoy dropping in and reading a few every now and then, The simplistic style works for it and is iconic for this particular comic.

Poorly Drawn Lines - http://pdlcomics.tumblr.com/ (For some reason the actual site is blocked at school…)
This is another one I love reading, and I have so many of the panels saved to my desktop. Another comic that embraces its simple style with wonderful and charming efficiency. I really don’t have much to say about this one, it’s great. The jokes often make me laugh out loud (which is rare…) and even the simplest gestures and expressions in this comic are used so well. Infact, I think it is the simple expressions that I often find so funny. I’ve attached one of the ones on my desktop.

No comments:

Post a Comment